Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you
visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently,
as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Some examples of this could be:
- storing information to personalise the website to your requirements
- a website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping
- cookies can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record
the number of pages they have viewed
There are 2 different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website,
and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed
in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future
- Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the
site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information
in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous
visit. For example to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies
will expire if the website that set them is not visitied again within a certain
Cookies on the Alpro website
We use a number of different cookies on the www.alpro.co.uk website and the sub
domians and third party systems we run. We have published a list of detailed information
on the cookies the Alpro website uses.
- We use a Google Analytics cookie on our website and all our online systems to record
website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the
various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify
anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting
any of our websites.
- We use a number of essential session cookies to enable certain parts of the website
to function properly.